Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You Reap What You Sow, Mayor Kilpatrick..

THUG

Maybe its time to step down so you can avoid all the nastiness, because its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Tonight, Hizzoner had the nerve to say this..via Channel 7 News, Detroit.. (watch the video at this link too! Its amazing!)

Kilpatrick went off script when he lashed out. Below is the transcript:

The challenge for all of us in public office is to rise above our differences -- to rise above our human frailties – and maintain our focus on working together to move this city forward. Ralph Waldo Emerson said big jobs usually go to the people who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.

President Cockrel, we have much more serious issues affecting the future of this city than whether we’re going to attend a speech.

I love you [Cockrel] and I love what you've done for our city.

At this moment in our history, we must turn to each other, and not on each other.

And finally tonight, and this may be the most talked about part of the speech after laying out all of that. But I feel that I cannot leave this auditorium with my wife and my sons sitting there without addressing this issue.

In the past 30 days, I've been called a n----- more than any time in my entire life. In the past three days I have received more death threats than I have in my entire administration. I've heard these words before, but I've never heard people say them about my wife and children.

I don't believe that a Nielsen rating is worth the life of my children or your children.

This unethical, illegal lynch-mob mentality has to stop.

And it's seriously time. We've never been here before. And I don't care if they cut the TV off. We've never been in a situation like this before where you can say anything, do anything, have no facts, no research, no nothin and you can launch a hate-driven, bigoted assault on a family.

I humbly ask members of council. I humbly ask the business community. I humbly ask the religious community. I humbly ask the brothers and sisters of the city of Detroit. I humbly ask that we say no more together. I humbly ask that we say no more together.

I love this city with every part of my being and I will continue to stay focused on building the next Detroit.

God bless you.

Detroit, I love you.


Im sure that has fired up the media, watch for some new text messages coming to a newspaper near you soon! What a bonehead!

No comments: